Goals of Hand in Hand Childcare
- Children who are children of God.
- Children who have a positive self-concept.
- Children will begin to identify their own emotions.
- Children who are healthy and physically coordinated.
- Children will gain an understanding of their community by exploring people, their work, and their services.
- Children who can use language to communicate with others.
- Children who express themselves in many ways.
- Children who are curious and who want to learn.
- Children who are independent.
- Children who have a love for reading, writing, and books.
Philosophy of Hand in Hand Childcare
It is the philosophy of Hand in Hand Child Care Center that young children learn most effectively when they have the opportunity to explore their environment and experience a variety of materials and situations while they play. We also believe in a responsive, developmental approach to early childhood learning which emphasizes that each child develops at their own rate and that progress is measured individually rather than in comparison to other children in the group.
Hand in Hand is a Christ-centered program. Learning experiences are taught from the Christian perspective that each child is a child of God and that all people are deserving of respect as creatures of God. In accordance with this philosophy, we include prayer, worship, Bible stories and teaching, and service to others as part of our curriculum.
We also recognize the need for quiet and active, teacher-directed and child-initiated activities. The following are provided to meet those needs:
The daily schedule can include:
- welcome and attendance
- self-directed (choice) activities
- circle time (calendar, weather, Jesus time, show & tell)
- large muscle activities (outside or large muscle area)
- bathroom & snacks
- conceptual framework for readiness skills
- story time and/or other language development activities